Last updated: 13/09/23
Who we are
What information do we collect about you?
Customers / Players
We collect personal data directly from players via registration and gameplay. If you link your account to or access it via a third-party service (for example, Xbox, Steam and PlayStation) we collect personal data from that service. The personal data we collect and generate relating to players includes:
The information we collect from individuals that visit our Websites include:
How we collect information about you
We will collect this information listed above in a variety of ways depending on how we interact with you.
You may provide us personal data including your identity, contact or other information by filling in online forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our Websites we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, pixels, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
· send you communications related to our Services, answer your enquiries and respond to and address your complaints;
· provide and manage our Websites and Services;
· provide you access to our Websites and Services;
· provide you with direct marketing to inform you about our Services that may be of particular interest to you;
· analyse and improve our business and our Websites and Services;
· send you related information such as updates, security alerts and support messages;
· provide on-site and in-app advertising and promotion of our Services and those of our service providers and trusted third parties;
· undertake system administration and account verification;
· answer or satisfy legal or regulatory requirements.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
There are different legal grounds for processing personal data. The applicable legal basis will vary depending on how the personal data is collected, used and the purpose for which the personal data is processed. For example, we will typically rely on one or more of the following legal grounds for processing:
· Consent. You have provided your consent to us to use your personal data in that way (for example by subscribing to our mailing lists to receive marketing communications about our Services).
· Legitimate Interests. We use your personal data in accordance with our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation. For example, we will collect certain personal data using cookies on our Websites to track information about your use of our Websites so that we can improve our Websites based on how you and other users interact with its content, and to personalise our Websites to each user, provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights.
· Legal Obligations. We process your personal data as is necessary for us to comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
· Contract. We process your personal data as is necessary to provide our Services pursuant to a contract between us and you (e.g. to manage your game accounts).
We do not collect any 'special category data' about you (this includes personal data relating to your race and ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sex life, sexual orientation, health, biometric and genetic data).
Sharing your information
· Analytics service providers (see our Cookies Policy);
· Distributors of our games;
· Payment processors;
· IT providers (including Amazon Web Services for the provision of our account information storage and game servers);
· Marketing partners (including Mailchimp);
· Group companies;
· Business partners;
· Professional service providers (for example accountants and lawyers).
Our games and Services may include social features which allow users to interact with and chat with other users. Other players of our games may see your game profile information, in-game activities and read messages you have posted. Our games may also include additional features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools. These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully read their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices. In particular, we encourage you to review the privacy policies found below:
Transferring your personal data outside Europe and the UK
We may transfer personal data outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). This includes storing or processing your account information on our game servers in the United States of America and Singapore. Where we transfer personal data outside the UK or EEA to a country that has not been recognised as providing an adequate level of data protection, we use the standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission and the UK Information Commissioner's Office unless we have identified another appropriate safeguard or relevant exemption.
Under UK and EU data protection laws, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. We respect and honour these rights and will help you to exercise them to the extent we are able.
You have the right to:
· Access a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
· Erasure of your personal data;
· Portability of your personal data (moving your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
· Withdraw consent where our use of your personal data is based on consent;
· Rectification of your personal data if you consider our records are inaccurate;
· Restrict our processing of your personal data;
· Complain to your supervisory authority;
· Object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances;
· Request us to stop or start sending you marketing messages.
Please be aware that these rights are not absolute and there may be some situations in which they cannot be exercised or are not relevant. The Information Commissioner's Office provides more information about data protection rights at the following URL: https://ico.org.uk/.
We aim to ensure that the information held about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring your information is up to date, please let us know if any of your personal details change by contacting [email protected].
You will not be treated differently or discriminated against for exercising any of your rights.
If you have agreed to be contacted for marketing purposes (for example by signing up to our mailing lists) we may use your personal information to send you information about us and our Services. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time and details of how to unsubscribe will be included in any marketing communications we send you. You also have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing [email protected].
We will action any opt out request from you as soon as we can.
How long we will keep your information
We keep personal data relating to players for the period that the game is available to play. Once we make a game unavailable, we will delete all personal data relating to players of that game. We will also delete personal data relating to a player when we receive a specific request for erasure (see rights section above).
We keep personal data relating to websites for as long as necessary for our games or wider business purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see "Your rights" above for further information). If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
If you do not provide personal data
Where we need personal data for an agreement with you and you do not provide your personal data, we may not be able to perform our obligations under our contract with you. In this case, we may have to cancel your access to our Services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Such measures will be appropriate to the nature of the data concerned and the level of risk. If you have been provided with a password to access any of our Services you should not share that password with anyone else.
Links to Other Sites
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use Google Analytics to learn about how people use our Website. For example, which pages users visit most often and where users encounter error messages.
For information on what cookies we use and for what purpose, and how to opt out of cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal data relating to children under the age of 13.